The Use of King Fahad National Library's Portal
Restrictions on the Use:
By using the Library's Portal, you shall refrain from the following:
- Provision or downloading of files that contain software, or material, or other data and information which are not owned by you, or do not hold a license for it.
- Use of this portal in any manner to send any commercial email or as a spam, or any misuse of such kind to the Library's portal.
- Provision or uploading of files on this portal that have viruses or malware.
- Posting or advertising, distribution or circulation of material or information that contain defamatory content or violation of laws, or pornographic content, or obscene material, or contrary to the public morality, or any illegal material or information through the Library's portal.
- Engagement through the Library's portal in any illegitimate or illegal activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advertising, through the Library's portal, any product or service that makes us in a position that is in violation of any law or regulation applicable in any domain.
- Use of any means, program or action to intercept or in an attempt to intercept the appropriate operation of the Library's portal.
- Conduct any action that poses unreasonable load or large in an inappropriate manner on the infrastructure of the Library's portal.
Links from and to the Library's Portal
The Use of Links to the Library's Portal:
- With the exception of what is stated below, you shall not have the right to transfer, copy or set up electronic links on the Library's portal or any of its contents, or presenting any of which in a frame.
- You shall submit a specific application and obtain the approval of King Fahad National Library prior to setting up any electronic links for this portal, or presenting any of its contents in a frame, or engaging in any similar activities.
- The library reserves the right to impose any conditions when authorizing the setup of any electronic link for this portal or any of its contents, or presenting this portal or any of its contents in a frame.
- The library is not considered in any way engaging or connected in any form with any trademarks or logos or commercial or service logos. Or, any other means that are used or appear on the websites relative to this portal or any of its contents.
- The library shall have the full right to suspend and prevent any connection with any form of any website that contains inappropriate, obscene, pornographic, unacceptable, illegal topics. As well as any names, material, or information that are contrary to any law, or violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or public rights.
- The library shall have right to intercept and neutralize any connection in any unauthorized form, and it shall not bear any liability for the contents available on any website that can be accessed via the portal, or accessing the portal through it.
Links from the Library's Portal
Links to other portals and/or websites are provided for your convenience, and we are not responsible for the contents or credibility of the portals and/or sites to which we link and do not endorse their contents, and the use of links to access those sites or portals is entirely at your own responsibility.
We aim to replace broken electronic links -which do not work- with other sites, but we cannot guarantee that these links will work permanently.
The Protection from Viruses
We make every effort to check and test the contents of this portal at all stages of production, and we advise you to always run an anti-virus program on all materials downloaded from the Internet. As we are not responsible for any loss, interruption or damage to your data or your computer, which may occur while connecting to this portal, or when using material from this portal.
Waiver of Claims
The library's portal, services, information, materials and functions available in it, or that can be accessed through the portal are provided for your personal use "as it is" and "as available" without any endorsement, promises or guarantees of any kind.
We cannot guarantee or be liable for any interruptions, errors or transgressions that may arise from the use of this portal or its contents or any site linked to it, whether with or without our knowledge.
Any communications or information that the user may send through this portal will not have the right to own it or guarantee its confidentiality. In addition, any use or interactive use contained in this portal does not guarantee or is not intended to guarantee the user any rights, licenses or any privileges of any kind.
Limitation of Liability
The electronic services provided by the online library portal and obtaining information are provided only to facilitate manual procedures. You, hereby, acknowledge that you are fully aware that communications over the Internet may be subject to interference or interception by third parties. Accordingly, accessing this portal remains at your own risk, and we are not in any way responsible for any loss or damage of any kind that you may incur due to your use or visit to the portal. As well as that may result from any delay in operation, communication failure, or Internet access issues, equipment or software malfunctions, or behavior or thoughts of any person accessing this portal.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive means of remedying any damage or loss that may occur as a result of your access or use of this portal is to refrain from using it or accessing it or not to continue to do so.
You hereby acknowledge that you will not take any action against the King Fahad National Library or any of its management, compensate and safeguard it from liability. As well as any parties, employees or agents who are responsible for managing, maintaining, updating or providing the library's portal, from any and all obligations and responsibilities that may arise in connection with any claim due to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of use. As well as any applicable laws whether in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the place in which you reside.
Termination of Use
We may upon our absolute discretion, terminate, limit or suspend your right to access and use the portal without notice and for any reason, including violation of the terms and conditions of use or any other behavior that we may consider, at our sole discretion, illegal or harmful to others. While in the event of termination, it will not be authorized to you into access this portal.
- The materials available on this portal, including information graphics and software (contents) are protected by copyright, trademarks, and other forms of proprietary rights.
- Except as otherwise indicated, you may not sell, license, rent, modify, copy, reproduce, reprint, upload, advertise, transmit, distribute, publicly display, edit or create derivative works from any materials or contents from this portal for public or commercial purposes, without the prior written consent of King Fahad National Library.
- It is strictly prohibited to modify any of the contents of the portal as well as the graphics and images in this portal are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or exploited in any way, without the prior written consent of King Fahad National Library.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
You hereby agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of courts in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with respect to all claims and disputes arising from your use of this portal.
Reporting Information Security Incident:
To report a security vulnerability or incident, please contact the Information Security Incident Response Team at King Fahad National Library through this email: